Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Day 27 of 30 day challenge

A bouquet of red!  A few years back I was at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry terminal and happened to see a painting that caught my eye.  The price was beyond me but when I got home I decided I could paint a similar one for myself, which I did.  It turned out well - a good sized 24" x 24" on stretched canvas which now hangs proudly on our living room wall.    I thought just for interest I would try a smaller size and see how that would go.  I find that, even if I am trying to paint a copy of something I've painted before, it is never the same as the first one.  So it is better just to paint an original to begin with.  This painting is not as good as the larger one, but it was two hours of learning some important lessons.  Three more to go!

8" x 8" acrylic of loose canvas
$80

No comments:

Post a Comment