Pages

Friday 2 January 2015

Day 2 of 30 day challenge

Here is an excellent example of accountant type, straight line thinker left brain trying to do something that right brain would do with the greatest of ease!

During this 30 day challenge I set as one of my goals some work in abstract paintings.  Kees van Aalst in his book Realistic Abstracts says that this type of painting "is painting in which the subject is recognisable, but is a long way from the photograhic approach; it is work painted with freedom and fluency that stimulates and excites the viewer and forces him or her to use their own imagination".

I said yesterday that if I worked at it I could get paintings that were unrecognizable!  Use your imagination and be excited with this one!
8" x 8" Acrylic on loose canvas
$80

No comments:

Post a Comment