Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Day 13 of 30 day challenge



I said at the beginning of the 30 day challenge that I was limiting myself to 2 hours per painting and then posting whether “good, bad, or ugly”.  Well here is the one for today and I am not at all happy with it.  I thought rocks would be pretty easy.  I had permission to use a wonderful resource photo from a friend in Melbourne, Australia which would make a beautiful painting.  But some days things just don’t come together.  I like what Mary Ann Laing said in one of her recent postings: “Ugh... another important aspect of this 30/30 Challenge is to accept our own fragility, and what is more humbling than painting something we know is not good and exposing it to the public??”  How true Mary Ann – so here is Day 13, warts and all!  But what a learning experience it is.  Now I know what doesn’t work, what colors are not right, and what needs to be changed compositionally.  I will revisit this at some later time and who knows? It might be a winner.  Anyway, the theme I’m working with is “You Never Know” and sometimes you just never know!!!!

8" x 8" acrylic on loose canvas
$80


No comments:

Post a Comment