Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

I went to a mini workshop today on "Robert Genn's Painting Techniques". I like Genn's style of painting so thought I might learn something about his technique. The material was good and the facilitator was good. I thought I might get another painting out of it to post for today, but such was not the case! I discovered that it is not always easy to duplicate the techniques of other artists. The emphasis was not on copying Genn's style, but learning to see shapes and to paint those shapes whatever the subject might be (e.g. don't see a tree, but rather the shapes that make up the tree. Don't worry about the local color, paint a color that fits the painting). Anyway, I was not too successful in getting a finished product so will have to do some more study and practice. Genn has been doing it for 35 or more years so it is second nature to him.

I'm taking the rest of today, tomorrow, and Monday (Family Day) off so I might get a painting done for Tuesday. Not making any promises at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment