Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Beyond 30 Days #8
Gonzales Bay B
Acrylic
11" x 14" on Canvas Panel
$195



You may remember I told you yesterday that I had attended a mini-workshop and came away quite frustrated, not with the material nor the facilitator, but with myself for not being able to put the concepts into practice.  Well, I'm not one to admit defeat readily, not to give up quickly, so when I got home from church this morning I took the failed painting and decided I was going to try to reclaim it!  Oh, I know, I said I was taking today and tomorrow off for a bit of a break, but I had some time before I was going to lie down for the sacrament of the Sunday Snooze, so I went to work trying to salvage a disaster!

Here, then is the salvaged Gonzoles Bay B.  I think I managed to incorporate some of the techniques presented at the workshop yesterday.  I still have a long way to go, but as artists we never arrive, it's always a learning, growing process.  So until Tuesday, or Wednesday, or . . . Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment