Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Beyond 30 Days #9
Sunlit Poppy
Acrylic
6" x 6" on loose canvas
$45



I believe it was last summer, or perhaps the summer before, I was biking home from a wonderful  ride in the warmth of the evening when I passed a bunch of poppies growing by the side of the road.  They weren't in a particularly well cared for flower bed but the evening sun was shining brightly on them.  I stopped, took out my camera which I always carry with me, and snapped a couple of pictures.  This afternoon as I decided to paint a bit after taking a far too long break, I turned to this particular poppy.  I think the particular side view with the sun shining on it resulted in a fairly acceptable painting.  If you are interested in procuring this painting simply get in touch with me!

Until next time enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment