Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Day 6 of 30 day challenge
Another Realistic Abstract and again painted on 300# Arches Watercolor paper.  This will be the last of three painted on paper.  I really like the way the paint responds to the damp paper - almost like painting with watercolor!  I'm not sure, though, about the permanency of the painting, whether it will need to be framed under glass, or can it just be varnished and put in a frame?  I have tried to lift some paint off after it is dry but it seems impossible to do.  With watercolor, even after the paint is dry, you can take a damp brush and lift color off.
Anyway, tomorrow I'll "rock" on to something else for a week or so.  Variety is always good and my theme for these thirty days is "you never know!".  You never know what will be tomorrow so stay tuned!

8" x 8" acrylic on 300# Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper
$80

No comments:

Post a Comment