Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

The Challenge Begins

It's only ten days until the great painting challenge begins - 30 paintings in 30 days. The excitement and tension are building; the pressure is mounting; the questions are rising - will I be successful? can I do it? YES I CAN! It seems that there are several in the Victoria area who are participating in this Challenge so it will be exciting to follow their progress as well.

I plan to make it a fun time and a great learning experience. I will be painting in Acrylics, Oils, and maybe even watercolour My source material will be pictures I have taken, still life setups, plein air, and even some from my imaginative, creative little mind! Some of the paintings I will not have any idea about until I set brush to canvas to see what develops, others will start with a very thought out sketch so I'm sure the composition is correct. Some will be in fairly conservative colours, others will be wild and far-out knock your eyes out colours.

With each painting I plan to limit the time to two hours maximum and then post it whether I feel it is finished or not. Every thing, including the good, the bad, and the ugly will be posted. Always I will remember that it is just a piece of canvas and some paint, so if it isn't a masterpiece I will still have learned something from it.

If I can get things set up the way I want I hope to be posting to a blog at http://gwmeller.blogspot.ca/ so check it out. OK - on with the show - let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment